Our Mission & Impact
To provide a magical and spiritual retreat for the community that is inclusive, encouraging, and positive. Our goal is that you learn something new, learn something about yourself, or feel more optimistic about your path moving forward. We strive to create a space that is welcoming, accepting, and impactful on the community.
Maeva's Cottage strives to provide a safe and sacred space for EVERYONE. We believe in inclusivity and community. Believing in something is only half the battle. We strive daily to practice what we preach and demonstrate that in a number of ways:
- Always offering a safe space for anyone who enters and an ear to be heard, a shoulder to cry on, and a place to retreat.
- Encouraging authenticity and embracing everyone for who they are, as they are.
- Supporting local, national, and international small businesses that are minority-owned/operated.
- Gender neutral products.
- LGBTQIA+ products and philanthropic efforts.
- Hosting community events that are inclusive and diverse.
- Having a safe and inclusive place for our staff to work, thrive, and grow.
- Religious diversity. While we are a European/British witch-owned business, our products are inclusive while maintaining respect and cultural appropriation. We carry a selection of items tailored for Christians, Agnostic Spiritual folks, African-American traditions, and Indigenous Peoples.
- We boycott and close our store in observance of "holidays" such as "Thanksgiving," we celebrate June 19th, and we respect all freedoms, peoples, and identities.
- Philanthropic Efforts
- Volunteering Opportunities
- Events (online and in-person)
- Workshops, Classes, and Learning Experiences
- Partnering with local, national, and international small businesses, artists, tradespeople, and educators.
Maeva's Cottage strives to be a positive impact on the community through philanthropic efforts, volunteering, and other acts of service.
Current Community Involvement:
- Our inclusive and community-driven mission statement
- 100% of proceeds from all Pride products are donated to Youth Pride Rhode Island.
- Maeva's Cottage is the founder and home of Safe Space Sessions
- Food Drive through Rhode Island Food Bank (ongoing food drive in the shop and donation-based events benefitting the food drive)
- Maeva's Cottage has donated funds to the women and children of the Maasai Tribe in Kenya, Africa who send us hand-beaded necklaces. The proceeds of our sales from these necklaces are then donated to Humanium: Children of Kenya (Learn More)
- Hosting space for Pagans In Recovery (Learn More)
- Partnering with local artists, artisans, tradespeople, educators, and small businesses from the community (locally, nationally, and globally).
- Offering free services on social media to reach those who cannot come to the shop or afford full-length private sessions.
- Proceeds from our Yoni related products (coming soon) will be donated to the National Network of Abortion Funds (Learn More)
- Maeva's Cottage is a committed monthly donor to the UNHCR (UN Refugee Agency) since 2017 (Learn More)
- Maeva and her husband are volunteers with Save the Bay Narragansett (Learn More)
- Maeva has been an on-going donor to the Haven of Grace in Rhode Island (The Haven of Grace is a long term transitional housing program for women who are homeless as a result of addictions, battering and mental health issues) and the Sojourner House (The mission of Sojourner House is to promote healthy relationships by providing culturally sensitive support, advocacy, housing, and education for victims and survivors of domestic violence, sexual assault, and human trafficking; and to effect systems change.)
- Partnership with One Tree Planted at checkout.
- Partnership with Sprout. We pay to plant one tree for every order. You can view our impact ticker on the bottom of our website!
- Sustainable packaging (paper bags, recycled tissue paper, recyclable boxes, packaging paper, biodegradable packaging tape)
- Our apothecary collection is primarily organically grown and harvested or wildcrafted from natural areas unaffected by pollution or chemical treatments.
- Partnerships with organic small business farms and gardeners to provide organic and high-quality herbal products.
- Maeva's Cottage in-house products utilize glass reusable jars, vegan cruelty-free, natural, and organic ingredients.
- Minimal electricity use. We have a strict "closing" routine at the shop. We power everything down including the central heating/air conditioning. We use rechargeable battery-operated radio for our music, high-efficiency LED lighting, and more.
- Maeva makes all of her tinctures and potions using an old world traditional method (solar or lunar infusions). We do not "expedite" our processes through electric or gas heat sources for the sake of convenience or selling.
- Our "Oddities" collection items are all ethically sourced, naturally treated, and cruelty-free.
- Our White Sage is organically grown and harvested by a small business farm in Upland, California, ensuring the safety of the workers, the ethical practices of harvesting, and the protection of this endangered herb.